TTB noted it has received petitions to mandate additional information on product labels and thinks it might be time for major revision. TTB is asking for comment on:
• Should mandatory nutrition labeling be required?
• Should mandatory ingredient labeling be required?
• What areas need further research and evaluation?
• Can existing regulations be modified to help consumers better understand the information on the label?
• Should the U.S. harmonize its labeling requirements with those of other major producer nations?
• Would the benefit to consumers from more specific information justify the costs involved?
• What should be the priorities in label changes?
• Should new labeling requirements apply equally to advertising?