- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | April 4, 2014
Thermal Packaging Products: Chilled wine shippers
Chilled wine shippers are temperature control shipping cartons made with eco preferable insulated padding and materials.
The cushioning carton liner features ultra-insulating padding made from select, purified recycled biodegradable super absorbent cotton enhanced textile fibers sandwiched between an inner layer and an outer layer of poly film sealed on all sides. The inner surface of the poly film is perforated to allow condensation from the refrigerant to wick away and be absorbed into the cotton fibers, protecting your bottle labels. The poly film contains an additive that promotes biodegradation in greater than one year as tested by ASTM 5511.
The flexible cushioning ultra-insulation padding also contains a special antimicrobial that helps to prevent cross-contamination and is programmed to expire after a desired length of time to allow an eventual degradation of the Wine Shipper. The enhanced cotton insulation will completely biodegrade in less than one year and meets the current FTC Green Guidelines as tested by ASTM D-6400. The poly film contains an additive that promotes biodegradation in a landfill environment in greater that one year as tested by ASTM D5511.
• 48 Hour Test / 2.66 lbs. ref. / Maximum ambient temperature = 112F - Wine temp. remained under 70F enduring 20+ hours of outside ambient temperatures over 110 degrees F
• 24 Hour Test / 1.5 lbs. ref. / Maximum ambient temperature = 149F - Wine temp. remained under 80F withstanding 5+ hours of extreme ambient temperatures exceeding 140F
• Durability Test: Lab tested to exceed ISTA-1A drop test for packages weighing 0-21 lbs.
• The Wine Shipper’s cotton enhanced insulating padding offers a thick, shock-absorbing liner that cushions and protects your payload on all sides.
• The durable perforated poly film encapsulating the cotton insulation allows unwanted moisture or spills to be wicked away – protecting your bottle labels.
• Engineered heavy corrugated separators prevent shifting of bottles during transport and handling
• Available in four and six bottle complete systems or custom sized liners to fit your existing shipping carton
• Maintains ideal temperature range allowing for shipping or transporting fine wines year round.
• Unique patented cooling chambers allow for adjustable amounts of refrigerants to control your temperature requirements.
4-Bottle Shippers have one extra refrigerant cooling chamber and 6-Bottle Shippers have two refrigerant cooling chambers for added temperature control during shipments.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!