- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | February 28, 2005
Inkjet coders from PRISM ease PPG line maintenance (sidebar)
PRISM delivers HP inkjet technology with proven advantages
The proof of HP thermal inkjet technology is on the packaging line. Well-engineered printing systems from PRISM Incorporated deliver consistent production efficiencies and low total cost of ownership (TCO).
• Cost-effective: Economical print heads can be replaced frequently without the need for maintenance repair or rebuilding.
• Easy to use: No special training is required to operate and maintain HP thermal inkjet printers. Cartridges are “snap in” and “snap out.” Line operators can change print heads with no tools on the packaging line.
• Fast: Capable of line speeds up to 250 feet per minute the technology delivers high-quality and maximum throughput. Typical line speeds of 150 feet per minute are well within its capability.
• Reliable: Service contracts are a thing of the past with this “workhorse” technology that rarely needs maintenance. Bulk ink supplies can be hot-swapped so you do not have to stop the packaging line.
• High quality: Thermal inkjet technology delivers print quality of up to 600 dpi. That means you can deliver bar codes up to retailer standards. And you can print small-character variable data in clear highly readable characters.
• Flexible: Controlled by a computer multiple heads can deliver different types of codes—human readable or bar codes. And those codes can be changed as simply as scanning information into a computer. Touch screen controllers add back up to the system.