- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | June 26, 2012
Excellent Packaging & Supply: Modular, single-serve food packaging
Ideal for foodservice operators looking to expand their range of grab-and-go foods for on-the-go consumers, new inserts transform the simple cold cup into a versatile container for a variety of snacks and meals.
BioMass Packaging®, a division of Excellent Packaging, an innovator and wholesale distributor of sustainable, biodegradable, and nature-based packaging for foodservice and other applications, has added modular, single-serve food containers, to its line of compostable foodservice solutions. Made entirely from NatureWorks® Ingeo biopolymer — a PLA-based material — the new Greenware® crystal-clear cold cups and lids transform a regular cup into a versatile food packaging carry-all, giving foodservice operators endless possibilities for merchandising breakfast foods, lunch combos, and all-day snacks.
Fresh and nutritious snack foods and small meals are increasingly popular with busy, on-the-go consumers, who expect to find appealing grab-and-go foods in their favorite coffee shop, convenience store, supermarket or hotel snack shop. Snacks and meals such as parfait+granola+fruit combos, fruit+yogurt, chips+salsa, and salad+croutons+dressing, are now easy to package and present with BioMass Packaging’s modular system, which consists of a basic cup, an insert with a secure lid, and either a flat or domed lid that snaps on tight.
Flexible system addresses the needs of any foodservice operation:
• Up to three different ingredients can be offered in one grab-and-go format
• Cup insert works with multiple cup and lid sizes to enable endless menu options
• The insert may be flush-filled and covered with a flat lid, or covered with a dome lid that can also be filled with a meal ingredient
• Inserts are suitable for heat sealing with most cup sizes
• Custom notch design allows for easy insert removal
• Compostable - every element of the packaging is made from plant-based Ingeo PLA plastic.
The new Ingeo-based cups and inserts are sold in cases of 1,000 units and are available for immediate delivery.
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
The 2014 Trends Report
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!