- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | August 24, 2011
Omron Automation and Safety: Accurax G5 Servo Drives Available for High-Speed, Precise Motion Control
Omron Industrial Automation now offers a complete line of compact Accurax G5 Servo Drives with built-in EtherCAT communications to meet the growing need for high-speed, precise motion control as part of complete machine automation. The full line of Accurax G5 servo drives has been certified for compatibility by the EtherCAT Technology Group. The EtherCAT real-time I/O network was selected by Omron Industrial Automation as its motion and I/O fieldbus of choice because it enables a seamless convergence of sequence control, motion control with servo and variable frequency drives, vision inspection, and high-speed I/O.
The Accurax G5 Servo system provides machine builders with simple-to-use capabilities to create faster, more accurate, smaller, and safer machines. The G5 servo motors have been scaled to provide an almost 25 percent reduction in motor weight, with side-by-side mounting of G5 servo drives saving up to 50 percent of cabinet space. In combination, they deliver submicron precision and millisecond settling time at a fraction of the panel or enclosure cost.
Accurax G5 features include:
• Compact size servo drives with built-in EtherCAT connectivity
• PL-d according to ISO13849-1:2008
• STO: IEC61800-5-2:2007
• SIL2 according to EN61508:2001
• Cat.3: EN954-1:1996
• High-response frequency of 2 kHz
• Low-cogging torque servo motors
• IP67 protection level in all motors
• High accuracy provided by 20-bit encoder
• Built-in full closed-loop encoder
• Real-time auto-tuning
• User-friendly tuning and operation
• Advanced tuning algorithms (anti-vibration function, torque feed-forward, disturbance observer)
• Side-by-side mounting of drives to reduce cabinet space needs
• Double registration input to provide application versatility
Accurax servo drives are available in 100, 200, and 400 VAC models, with power range from 50W to 15kW. For more information on this advanced line of servo drives, click here.
Related Sponsored Content
E-Book Special Report
Total Cost of Ownership
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this E-Book Special Report to learn how to calculate the true Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of your packaging machinery.