- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | February 13, 2014
Seidenader: Inspection machine for small production lines
With the CS series, Seidenader presents a new machine concept of state-of-the-art technology on a small machine platform, making sophisticated inspection affordable.
High-tech inspection of liquid or lyophilized parenterals at speeds up to 24,000 containers per hour is not a privilege of global manufacturers anymore. Customers benefit from the same technology features and inspection stations for a CS machine as for the larger Seidenader MS or VI series:
• State-of-the-art camera technology.
• Complementary inspection technologies.
• Smooth product handling by enhanced vacuum transport system, no side guidings in the starwheels.
• Programmable servo drives for individual rotation profiles in every position of the inspection carousel.
• Split infeed screw for controlled line clearance.
• Seidenader "hyseptic" standard to meet GMP requirements.
The small platform of the CS series allows up to seven camera stations for the inspection of ampules, cartridges and vials up to 100 ml of size, to detect particles in the product and cosmetic defects of the container. In addition to the visual inspection by camera high voltage leak detection (HVLD), head space gas analysis (HSA), near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) or glass stress verification (GSI) can be integrated into the machine to detect invisible defects.
Customized machines from standardized modules
To meet the various customer requirements, Seidenader has developed a new machine concept that offers flexibility by interchangeable infeed as well as outfeed systems. This concept allows to run stable as well as unstable products, either inline from upstream machine or manually loaded. This new concept will be adapted to all Seidenader machine platforms.
GMP compliant and easy to handle
The CS is equipped with an enhanced software design and a new integrated electrical cabinet. The clearly laid out HMI offers the operator an intuitive graphic user interface and scores with advanced recipe manager, smart camera trigger technology and OEE report for easy analysis of line efficiency. The separated cabinet at the back of the machine allows for quick access to electrical components as well as accessibility from all sides for easy cleaning. Sealed optical elements, column concept, trimmed edges and hidden cables – the Seidenader "hyseptic" standard – also add to the GMP compliance.
NEW features in CS inspection machine:
• Flexible infeed and outfeed modules for individual needs
• Different tray load systems can be implemented in one machine
• Servo driven infeed pusher available for optimal feeding of unstable products
• Separated cabinet design for best accessibility from all sides
• User friendly operator guidance by new generation of Seidenader HMI "SAMI"
• High-speed "site-to-site" support
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs