- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
Article | July 20, 2011
Packagers provide robotics 'wish list'
In the first-ever survey of Packaging World’s readers on their use of robotics, respondents share some of the technologies/capabilities they’d like to see from suppliers.
For this year’s Robotics Special Report, Packaging World surveyed its readership to learn about their use of robotics technologies in the field. Among the questions asked: “Are there any capabilities or new applications for which you would like to see robotics manufacturers develop new technologies? In other words, are there tasks within your packaging operation that you would automate with robotics if the technology existed?”
Following are some of their answers (minimal editing):
• “Automatic Master box preparation to stacking operation for all high speed line (i.e., 400 UPM speed).”
• “Mixing of products and packaging finished goods onto pallets.”
• “To build up child parent relationship for compiling e-pedigree.”
• “If possible, maintenance-free, and if electric and mechanic faults to display on HMI.”
Related Sponsored Content
• “Loading frozen meat boxes into rail cars, palletize frozen meat onto pallets to be put away for future shipment.”
• “Good question. Our