- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | April 9, 2014
Nordson ASYMTEK: Large-format dispensing platform
Accommodates wide range of substrate sizes, fluids, and processes for SMT, PCB packaging, and microelectronics assembly applications.
Nordson ASYMTEK, a Nordson company, introduces the Quantum™ Q-6800 high-performance, large-format dispensing system for SMT, PCB packaging, and microelectronics assembly applications. Quantum's dispense area of 423 x 458 mm handles a wide range of substrate sizes and is large enough so the dispense area isn't compromised even with dual valve configurations, enabling flexibility in the dispensing process. The patent-pending Continuous Path software feature optimizes dispense-head motion to save time and increase units per hour (UPH) for jetted line applications, while Nordson ASYMTEK's advanced, patented process controls ensure accurate and reliable dispensing results that meet the technology and manufacturing needs of demanding SMT and electronics assembly operations. The optional dual-action or dual-simultaneous valve configurations maximize high-throughput applications and can reduce dispensing time by up to 50%. Manufacturers can dramatically increase yield and throughput.
Features and benefits of the Quantum Series system include:
• Dispenses precise volumes of fluid in dots, lines and patterns
• Continuous Path Motion jetted line dispensing for improved UPH
• Laser Height Sensor for real-time, fast, non-contact dispense height measurement
• Digital Vision System that incorporates high-brightness, three-color RGB LEDs for superior image contrast and detection
• Patented Calibrated Process Jetting (CPJ™) software that automatically compensates for changes in fluid viscosity, ensuring precise volumetric repeatability and optimized line speed for closed-loop fluid dispensing reliability, and
• Patented Mass Flow Calibration (MFC) that uses weight-controlled dispensing and automatic calibration to continuously deliver consistent fluid amounts, especially for valve and pump dispensing.
The Quantum platform supports most Nordson ASYMTEK jets, pumps, and valves, including the DispenseJet® DJ-9500 and NexJet® NJ-7 jet valves. From initial process development through full-scale production you are supported by Nordson ASYMTEK's experienced worldwide engineering, applications development, and technical service network.
Related Sponsored Content
E-Book Special Report
Total Cost of Ownership
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this E-Book Special Report to learn how to calculate the true Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of your packaging machinery.