- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | November 1, 2010
Axon: Axon: New radiant heat shrink tunnel delivers performance and flexibility
Axon, booth S-851, will introduce a new radiant heat shrink tunnel that offers a host of performance advantages at a world-class competitive price.
The new ThermoRay™ radiant heat shrink tunnel can be mounted directly onto most conveyors, which eliminates the need to purchase a separate stand. Operators adjust the tunnel’s height with an integrated hydraulic lift. A blower helps to ensure even heat distribution for uniform film shrinkage. ThermoRay’s design gives customers the flexibility of using the tunnel for both tamper banding and shrink sleeve labeling. The new tunnel reduces overall energy cost by lowering electricity requirements by 20 percent over the model it replaces. Customers who do not require Axon application engineering prior to purchase can have units shipped next day via UPS Ground at a discounted price—ThermoRay Express Pricing.
• Heat source: two 2.5 kW infrared heaters
• Simple controls for trouble-free operation
• Heat-up/Cool-down snap switch
• Analogue set-point temperature adjustment
• Power requirements: 220 volts, single phase, 24 amps
• Ingress dimensions: 4" wide x 6 ¼" high (10.16 cm x 15.875 cm)
• Recommend 1/4"(.6 cm) clearance on each side of container
• Length: 30" (76.2 cm)
• Weight: 50 lbs (22.7 kg)
• Stainless steel construction