- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | June 22, 2012
Wilmington Machinery, Inc: Plastic pallet molding system
Wilmington Machinery introduces the LUMINA #PM-5 Dual Clamp System.
The new LUMINA #PM-5 features two separate clamps. Each clamp has a mold for a one-piece double deck heavy-duty rackable and stackable structural plastic pallet. A common two-stage injection system sequentially fills both molds. During operation, a common traversing top-entry robot removes the pallets automatically and places them onto a common conveyor. As with Wilmington Machinery’s six other LUMINA Pallet Molding Systems, the new LUMINA #PM-5 Dual Clamp includes molds, mold chiller, robot, plastic raw material blending/loading and all other accessories. Advantages of the LUMINA #PM-5 system include:
• System costs approximately 25% less than a large single clamp molding machine system with dual molds.
• Pallet quality is superior and pallet cost is lower. Different pallet sizes can be produced concurrently.
• Mold change is possible on one clamp while the other continues in production.
• Production ranges from 400-500,000 pallets per year per system.
• System include the molding machine, mold(s), robotics and all accessories
• System is ideal for companies making pallets for sale or for internal use.
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
44 Best Package Designs: 2015
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book of our editors’ selections for most innovative package designs of the past year.