- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
Download this handy e-book consisting of the latest machine vision, metal detection, checkweighing equipment from leading manufacturers with links to videos and detailed specs.
Article | April 30, 2002
At interpack 2002
NEWS FROM INTERPACK 2002: Packworld.com looks at some of the show’s notable news and products.
- A new exhibition will be held March 29 to April 1 2004 for the European market called Total Processing and Packaging by Reed Exhibition Companies (REC) and its venture partner the Process and Packaging Machinery Association with the support of the Institute of Packaging. The event will combine the U.K. machinery exhibitions Pakex and PPMA Machinery Only Show and REC’s processing exhibitions Eurochem and Interphex. www.totalpp.com
- MeadWestvaco’s Packaging Resources Group (Stamford CT) signed a memorandum of understanding with Gralex (Lewis Center OH) setting the stage for a formal strategic alliance. The two companies will jointly develop converter and end-user relationships through a systems sales approach that promotes the use of MeadWestvaco’s specialty paperboard grades with Gralex’s hydraulic paperboard thermoforming systems. www.meadwestvaco.com www.gralex.com
Related Sponsored Content
- Cermex (France) presented its new Dual Injection system (D.I.S®) for changing film reels without stopping a shrink-wrapping machine. Advantages include zero machine downtime automatic reel changeovers and improved output. www.cermex.fr
- Klöckner Packaging Machinery (Sarasota FL) showcased a new range of modular bar infeed systems: DT-41 product turning device RT-90 high-speed inline product infeed system and a product turning and inline CT-2 feeding system. CT-2 was displayed with a new flow wrapper Pack-200 which operates at wrapping speeds up to 500 ppm. Separately a modular high-speed servo-controlled end-seal gusseting device was shown. www.klockner.com
- The SIG Beverages Div. (Switzerland) displayed a blow-molding monobloc for the high-speed production of still beverages in PET bottles (400 bpm). The equipment includes a new blow-molding machine Blomax 16 Series III (25 bpm) by SIG Corpoplast (Germany) and the Simonazzi Stilljet filling machine by SIG Simonazzi (Italy). www.sigpplastics.com
- Inex Vision Systems (Clearwater FL) launched the InSpect family of modular turnkey inspection systems: InSpect 100 and 500. Typical applications include empty package inspection fill level closure label and package integrity print verification and product sorting. www.inexvision.com
- Rovema (Germany) debuted the VPK 260 f/f/s machine with integrated splicer. This system offers higher output and operational flexibility with nonstop film changes. Reels are changed without stopping production. www.rovema.de
- Harland Machine Systems (Manchester England U.K.) exhibited the Titan labeler that includes two sets of labeling heads to handle standard and ultrathin labels. Titan can apply front and back labels to a variety of bottle shapes and sizes at speeds up to 450 bpm. www.harland-hms.com
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
44 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book of our editors’ selections for most innovative package designs of the past year.