- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
Alert: Packaging World now enhanced for the iPad and iPhone. Watch a quick video preview
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 23, 2011
10 reasons to work with B&R Industrial Automation
Around the world, B&R Industrial Automation has earned a reputation for excellence in packaging, food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical, converting and printing applications.
In North America, B&R is the up-and-coming packaging automation specialist. Get to know the new B&R Packaging Solutions group, and you’ll discover a welcome alternative to the status quo. And B&R Packaging Solutions is now going global, with groups now in place in China, India, Brazil and Europe.
1. There’s a good reason you may not know B&R yet….
B&R Industrial Automation is the technology behind some of the largest, best known names in packaging machinery, from entire beverage plants to turnkey pharma lines.
But instead of B&R on the control panel, you only see the OEM’s name. Ask us for our stellar references, you’ll be confident you’re going with a winner.
2. More performance for your money
B&R comes from a land where quality matters. In the countryside outside Salzburg, Austria, you’ll find our highly automated 800,000 square foot factory…and an engineering department numbering over 500 strong.
It’s the perfect equation for innovation, performance, quality and low cost production. It turns out that B&R is a powerhouse in automation technology, consuming 60,000,000 electronic components per month!
3. Relax, B&R is easy to own
• Familiar ladder programming with powerful function blocks
• Superb diagnostics, including a free diagnostic software package and economical maintenance software
• Hot swappable I/O that prevents you from putting a block in the wrong slot
• Replacement drives that adjust to your firmware version automatically
Plant maintenance people really appreciate B&R once they get to know us!
4. Yes, we offer local presence, training, repair & spare parts packages
Just to set your mind at ease, we have all the essentials in place. Like:
• Locations around North America and the rest of the world, with engineering resources -- not just electrical distributors
• Get training at your place or ours
• Choose from a menu of engineering services
• Parts when you need them, even expedited same-day delivery is available
5. One program, one processor for everything. Really, everything!
No more separate software environments for low and high end controllers, HMI, communications and data acquisition.
B&R’s Automation Studio does it all. And it is totally scalable. You just assign the hardware you want to get the cost/performance you need. And it all fits on a single Flash disk.
6. You won’t get gouged by sky-high software licenses
Of course B&R does charge for its powerful automation software, but certainly not those huge annual fees that seem to cover more bug fixes than new functions.
7. How long does B&R support products? A long, long time
B&R routinely supports control products for 10, 15 years or even longer. We recently shipped our last products with a 486 processor! Yet we also keep up with the latest Silicon Valley has to offer.
8. Free technical support? You deserve it
You shouldn’t need to pull out a credit card for the privilege of asking for help. When you call our technical hotline, we will connect you with a qualified applications engineer.
You can choose to have us access your controller for remote diagnostics or you can load the event logger onto your own PC and email it to us.
9. Standards count!
B&R supports applicable industry standards for programming, communications, real-time control and safety, including OMAC’s PackML.
The Ethernet based POWERLINK network and openSAFETY protocol have both earned IEC standard status.
Plus, our Pentium® and Atom® class platforms are great for running Windows™ applications.
10. Got machinery going to China? India? Korea? Brazil? Ukraine? Iowa?
You get the idea, B&R’s global network includes over 2,000 employees and many more partners working locally.