- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | June 30, 2010
OYSTAR USA Pharmaceutical Packaging Division: OYSTAR introduces OYSTAR XSPress® Bi-Layer Tablet Press
The OYSTAR Manesty, XSpress® is a new generation of R&D bi-layer rotary press and offers complete segregation between compression, mechanical and electrical zones.
The OYSTAR USA Process Division, which is responsible for all sales, service and support in North America for OYSTAR Manesty and OYSTAR Hüttlin pharmaceutical processing equipment, introduces the OYSTAR XSpress® R&D Bi-layer Tablet Press.
It can be fitted three different turrets; a 16 station with D punch, a 20 station with B punch as well as a unique hybrid turret with eight B and eight D punches. This flexible turret arrangement allows rapid format change without the need to exchange turrets by simply exchanging the 2-piece upper cam-track and fill cam made out of delrin. The press comes fully automated with a high-resolution touch screen allowing for data acquisition for up to seven channels for graphic representation and analysis of factors such as pre and main compression force, ejection force, scrape-off force, punch displacement and Heckel plots.
The XSpress Bi-layer press also offers:
• 10kN tamping and pre-compression force
• 60kN main compression force
• Rotary feeders and gravity feeders for small quantities
• Double-sided cams similar to larger rotary presses
• First layer and final tablet sampling. First layer ejection cam is raised via pneumatic cylinder for ejection of first layer.
• Fully automated control system with product recipes and motorized adjustments
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
45 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs.