- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | February 28, 2006
KHS USA: KHS USA: Pharmaceutical insert feeder
You've tried friction feeders ... they didn't work. They couldn'thandle your folded pieces without unraveling them. You tried pick & placeand found that small variations in the fold gave it fits, and you had toglue inserts closed.
Your experience is common there is a real solution.
Pfankuch ASB feeders handle folded pharmaceutical inserts without the
standard friction feeder hassles. The patented separation method not only
feeds folded inserts but even feeds them open edge leading if the package
or bar code scanning require. Imagine that - OPEN EDGE LEADING!
Available with a variety of standard industry options (scanning reject with
optional isolation high density multiples enclosure controller lockout
etc) the feeders can be easily validated and dropped into your production.
Standard pharmaceutical configurations include:
- Mechanical and electronic integration of customer supplied raster bar
code scanner with RS232 connector
- product reject system (miss match / no match)
- code teach functionality through feeder interface
- separate motor power supply so feeder operation can be disabled (subject
to password reset) without cutting control power
- unitizing extrusion machine support frame
- short and narrow product modifications for feeder
- mechanical double detect sensor
- Programming interface for software changes in the field
- 3 color signal light
- vibrating support curve (requires compressed air)
- Typical controls include:
disabled power switch
positive voltage fault signals out
The ASB 310-KHS is capable of feeding common inserts at speeds of up to
400PPM. Batching options are available for high speed batching of
transdermal pouches etc.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!