- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | September 17, 2013
Advanced Motion Controls: Configuration software
Advanced Motion Controls announces the latest release of its configuration software, DriveWare®7.1 (DW7.1).
This latest version introduces significant upgrades in layout and drive control features. With a cleaner user interface, information rich screens, new icons, customizable toolbars, tab groups, preset themes, Windows XP and 7 compatibility, users will find that configuring their drives is now easier and more precise than ever. DW7.1 is used to commission, troubleshoot, and integrate all ADVANCED Motion Controls' DigiFlex® Performance digital servo drives and is now available for download.
New with DW7.1
• The new Drive Status Panel presents users with a simple sortable organization of drive status, critical event activity and event counters to quickly identify faults.
• New indexing capabilities to create up to 16 unique Relative or Absolute index motion profiles by defining position, velocity, and acceleration/deceleration values.
• Servo drives can now store two different configuration settings that include unique Loop Configuration, Gain Set, Command Source and Command Limiter settings simplifying machine design and maintenance for the engineer by allowing switching between each.
• On-the-fly Mode Switching to allow machine programmers for example to switch from velocity mode for a long constant speed move directly to position mode so the motor can be precisely positioned at the end of the move to a specific location.
• Network communication settings have been made more configurable for CANopen, RS-485/232 and EtherCAT® allowing the network communication settings to be adjusted independently of the settings used to connect to DW7.
• Mappable PDOs to configure, edit, and map RPDOs and TPDOs and the ability to assign CANopen TPDOs to specific drive events.
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
The 2014 Packaging Trends Report
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!