- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
Alert: Packaging World now enhanced for the iPad and iPhone. Watch a quick video preview
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 12, 2013
EMX Industries, Inc: Contrast sensor
The CNTX-30-TP Contrast Sensor from EMX Industries combines small spot size and fast response to achieve high-speed contrast detection capable of detecting a wide variety of marks and objects.
The CNTX effectively detects contrast differences between many colors on various surfaces over a range of 50 grayscale levels. The flexibility of this contrast sensor makes it easy to set-up in a wide variety of printing, packaging and converting applications.
The modulated white light source in the CNTX contrast sensor is focused to a 2.5 to 3mm spot and directed toward a target. The diffused light returning to the sensor is measured. When the level is equal to or exceeds the threshold the discrete output changes state.
Due to the fast response of the sensor, it is suitable for use in high-speed applications. The sensor provides a discrete output that automatically configures to NPN and PNP. A PLC or a computer can be used to monitor the status of the discrete output signal.
• High color contrast sensitivity and resolution.
• High detection speed, 25-microsecond discrete output response.
• Broad-spectrum white LED light source allows detection of all colors.
• Calibration feature and three light source intensity settings allow a wide range of adjustment capability.
• Easy-to-use operator adjustable threshold.
• Fast and convenient integration. In one sensor you get both analog and discrete output, auto-detect for PNP/NPN configuration.
• Unique numerical display indicates measured levels making process setup easy.
• Circular spot allows for any orientation of sensor to marks.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!