- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 19, 2013
Banner Engineering Corp.: Gateway module for wireless sensors
Banner Engineering introduces the SureCross® B2Q Gateway Module, developed to provide embeddable, dependable and cost-effective communication capabilities for the company’s Q45 wireless sensor network.
The module features discrete outputs and DIP switches to map inputs from up to two wireless sensors to the Gateway¹s outputs. With its board-level design and easy mounting capabilities, the Banner Q45 B2Q Gateway is easily embedded inside equipment, enclosures and on control panels.
The SureCross B2Q Gateway module initiates communication with the Wireless Q45 sensors and accurately controls timing and configuration for the entire network through the following performance features:
• Two sourcing discrete outputs
• Site Survey analyzes the network¹s strength and reliability and conveys results through bi-color LED indicator
• DIP switches allow users to select one of eight defined I/O mapping configurations to automatically map the Q45¹ inputs to the Gateway¹s outputs
• Transceivers provide bidirectional communication between the Gateway and Q45, including fully acknowledged data transmission
• Lost RF links are detected and relevant outputs set to user-defined conditions
The SureCross B2Q Gateway module was developed for use with Banner¹s SureCross Q45 wireless sensor family. The self-contained, wireless standard sensor solution replaces costly wired solutions with untethered communications and easy deployment. Designed with a proprietary, self-contained battery, radio and sensor, the SureCross Q45 improves efficiency by monitoring and coordinating multiple machines and processes.
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
44 Best Package Designs: 2015
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book of our editors’ selections for most innovative package designs of the past year.