- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | November 1, 2011
Omron Automation and Safety: 3G3MX2 AC Drives Now Available with EtherNet/IP Interface
Omron has expanded the industrial communication options for its compact Omron 3G3MX2 AC Drives to simplify integration into production lines and work cells. The front panel mounting EtherNet/IP communication interface unit (3G3AX-MX2-EIP-A) imparts network slave capabilities to the AC Drives.
The EtherNet/IP interface makes it easy for machine builder OEMs to standardize on 3G3MX2 AC Drives for equipment designed for use in North America.
The 3G3MX2 is a compact, yet powerful AC Drive designed with the Original Equipment Manufacturer in mind. In addition to a space-saving footprint, 3G3MX2 is equipped with Safe Torque Off (STO) functionality and External Device Monitoring (EDM) output circuit, suitable for SIL2 as well as Cat3 installations defined by EN-954-1. Flow-chart “Drive Programming” with PLC-like functionality and simple positioning in open loop makes it ideal for simple single axis positioning applications. These reduce hardware and installation costs, and deliver faster performance when sequences are executed internally compared to handling these functions with separate devices. The AC Drives are offered with all the globally accepted voltages (230 V, 460 V) and with the required power ratings (1/8 HP to 20 HP).
3G3MX2 AC Drives come with a wide range of network interfaces in addition to EtherNet/IP, including:
- EtherCAT (EtherNet for Control Automation Technology): Provides real-time optimum Industrial EtherNet Protocol to control servos, AC Drives, and I/O; features high performance determinism scanning 256 I/O points in 11 microseconds.
- DeviceNet: The most popular network in the Americas based on the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) supported by ODVA.
- CompoNet: This low-cost, high-speed, device-level network captures actuator/sensor input based on the CIP and offers a range of smart, built-in functions for I/O. It was recently adopted by ODVA as an international standard. :
- Profibus-DP: This is Europe’s most popular industrial network.
- MECHATROLINK-II: High-speed motion and I/O network that is popular in Asia and the Americas.
For more information on 3G3MX2 AC Drives, click here.