- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | August 12, 2014
Moog Animatics: Motors
Class 6 SmartMotors have a new powerful processor that operates at nearly twice the processor speed of Class 5.
The PID rate is fixed at 62.5useconds with 64K User program memory (twice that of prior SmartMotors) and larger Cam point memory space for cam tables to >3K points.
These SmartMotors are able to support Standard Industrial Ethernet protocols including:EtherCATand PROFINET.Able to support both standard and high pole count commutation, these products deliver fully closed-loop PID control. Class 6 also features a dedicated high current brake output control.
• Dual Port Ethernet (no Ethernet switches or hubsrequired)
• USB interface for programming, configuration and live diagnostics
• RS-485 Half Duplex communications port
• Modbus Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) Slave (RS-485)
• Full floating-point math and trigonometric functions with 32-bit precision results
• Dual trajectory generators enabling relative andabsolute position moves or velocity moves on top of gearing or camming
• Advanced gearing, allowing preset traverse and take-up winding parameters, including dwells and wrap counts
• Advanced camming including cubic spline interpolation and dynamic frequency and amplitude changes
• Virtual-axis mastering into camming through gearing which enables stand-alone; multi-axis coordinatedmotion
• Programmable and non-programmable protectionfeatures (both hardware and software)
• On Board local I/O including:
Drive Enable Input
Travel Limit inputs
Differential Encoder bus up to 500k Hz count rate
4 General Use inputs
1 High Speed Input
1 High current output (may be used for external brake)
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
44 Best Package Designs: 2015
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book of our editors’ selections for most innovative package designs of the past year.