- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 25, 2013
Rockwell Automation: Machine control toolkit
Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit cuts design time and cost, optimizes control performance.
Rockwell Automation introduces the Connected Components Accelerator Toolkit (CCAT), a bundled, one-stop solution that simplifies and expedites complete, cost-effective, small-machine control design and implementation. The CCAT combines a simple, yet powerful controller with a full suite of compatible components and class-leading application development tools that enable OEMs to focus engineering and development resources on creating compelling and differentiating machine features.
The CCAT speeds the basic, common design functions that every machine design requires. By providing this functionality, the CCAT allows the OEMs to invest their design work in developing better, more competitive machines. The CCAT’s pre-configured Building Blocks include automation engineering design tools for comprehensive control application development from layout and component selection to troubleshooting. For example:
• Quick Starts provide information to use the CCAT and set up individual components.
• Selection tools and example bills of material streamline component and accessory selection.
• Wiring diagrams and panel layout drawings, in native AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN formats, save weeks of design effort.
• Controller programming handles all communications, commands and status updates.
• Common application starting system examples jump-start control design.
• Sample human-machine interface (HMI) screens provide a superior operator interface, plus diagnostics, alarming and start-up assistance.
Connected Components Workbench software from Rockwell Automation supports the CCAT. Based on proven Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Visual Studio technology, the single, easy-to-acquire-and-install package simplifies controller programming, device configuration, and data sharing with the HMI editor for Allen-Bradley PanelView component products. The software makes it convenient and cost-effective for machine builders and end users to leverage a single platform that also supports other Allen-Bradley component-class devices, including drives, motion control and operator interface products.
Related Sponsored Content
E-Book Special Report
Total Cost of Ownership
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this E-Book Special Report to learn how to calculate the true Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of your packaging machinery.