- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
Alert: Packaging World now enhanced for the iPad and iPhone. Watch a quick video preview
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | August 29, 2013
Mitsubishi Electric: All-in-one micro programmable logic controller
FX3GE combines FX3G CPU with built-in ethernet and analog I/O for cost-effective micro PLC.
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. embedded two of the most commonly used expansion functions for micro programmable logic controllers – Ethernet communications and analog I/O – into its new FX3GE Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). The result is an all-in-one PLC that costs less than a comparably equipped standard micro PLC.
“The FX3GE significantly reduces equipment costs by combining a compact PLC with Ethernet communications and analog I/O at a price well below the cost of the individual components,” said Ben Omura, Product Marketing Engineer at Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. “With built-in analog input/output and Ethernet connectivity, the FX3GE micro PLC provides a high level of functionality right out of the box.”
Key features of the FX3GE micro programmable logic controller include:
• Embedded Ethernet communications port
• Embedded analog I/O (2 inputs, 1 output)
• Dual bus architecture, 32K steps of internal program memory
• Integrated real-time clock
• Easy programming with large instruction set and table positioning configuration
• Built-in USB port to program communication
• Two built-in variable analog potentiometers for set-time adjustment
• Programming with GX Works2 (Mitsubishi Electric’s configuration and programming software for FX, L, and Q Series controllers)
The built-in Ethernet port supports remote monitoring and maintenance on high-speed 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX communication. Users can read PLC information from any networked device with a standard web browser. For security, optional PLC keyword protections prohibit unauthorized access.
The compact PLC is especially well suited for food and beverage applications, as well as material handling, and fan and pump applications used in irrigation and building automation.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!