- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
Alert: Packaging World now enhanced for the iPad and iPhone. Watch a quick video preview
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | September 6, 2013
Volkmann: Electronic timers
Volkmann introduces a line of electronic timers for electro-pneumatic operation of their VS and PPC series of vacuum conveyors.
These electronic-based control timers are available in multiple models. The basic ET3 and ET4 models control conveying cycles of the Volkmann Multijector® VS and PPC series conveyors using a small PLC controller. Suction and discharge times are easily changed in the adjustment menu via the controller’s keyboard. Settings are password protected and are adjusted to suit the product being conveyed and the required transfer rate during start up. Both controllers have the capability to:
- Interface with the client’s PLC (permissive), offering a seamless integration throughout the production process, allowing the client to control when the system is available for use. The operator initiates the conveying, upholding safety requirements for operation.
- Interface with the client’s level probes. This interface can be accomplished in one of three ways:
- Fitted in the vacuum receiver to dictate suction cycle by product quantity rather relying on time of transfer.
- Located in the source hopper or vessel to confirm material presence for conveyance. A typical application is where accumulation is required, such as the recirculation of fines in a roller compactor or for the collection of overspill, such as that occurring in a seasoning addition production line.
- Used beneath the receiver valve in a filler hopper or feeder where conveying is initiated when the level falls below a designated level.
The ET4 offers the additional advantage of being capable to control a line clearing valve. Other more complex units, such as the M91, can be used for weighing and the process integration of production process systems.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!