- Contract Packaging
- Packaging Leaders
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 19, 2013
Non-contact interlock switches
IDEC introduces two new non-contact magnetic safety switches (HS7A-DMC, HS7A-DMP) to provide customers even more options.
Designed to be used in applications where no contact is desired between the switch and its actuating key, and space is at a premium, common applications for these switches include those where:
• No contaminants can be trapped in or around devices, such as food & beverage and pharmaceutical applications.
• A precise door guide is not possible.
• There is zero operating force, such as lightweight or Plexiglas doors
• When there are alignment issues with the switch and actuating keys
• Doors are subject to heavy vibration
• A standard mechanical safety interlock switch would be more difficult to clean, such as a wash down application
Compact Magnetic Safety Switches (HS7A-DMC Series)
At just 7 x 16 x 51 (mm), the HS7A-DMC safety switches work well in combination with our safety relay modules, making them the smallest Category 4 device in the market.
3-contact Magnetic Safety Switches (HS7A-DMP Series)
The HS7A-DMP interlock safety switches have up to three contacts and provide a high-quality, space-saving product at a competitive price. The auxiliary contacts enable PLCs to monitor the door status as operation signals can be read directly by controllers.
E-Book Special Report
PackML from A to Z
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors on both Packaging World and Automation World and download this FREE Special Report on how to apply PackML best design practices to reduce engineering time and costs and simplify line integration of packaging and other automated machinery.