- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
This content was submitted directly to this Web site by the supplier.Article | March 19, 2013
IDEC Corporation: Non-contact interlock switches
IDEC introduces two new non-contact magnetic safety switches (HS7A-DMC, HS7A-DMP) to provide customers even more options.
Designed to be used in applications where no contact is desired between the switch and its actuating key, and space is at a premium, common applications for these switches include those where:
• No contaminants can be trapped in or around devices, such as food & beverage and pharmaceutical applications.
• A precise door guide is not possible.
• There is zero operating force, such as lightweight or Plexiglas doors
• When there are alignment issues with the switch and actuating keys
• Doors are subject to heavy vibration
• A standard mechanical safety interlock switch would be more difficult to clean, such as a wash down application
Compact Magnetic Safety Switches (HS7A-DMC Series)
At just 7 x 16 x 51 (mm), the HS7A-DMC safety switches work well in combination with our safety relay modules, making them the smallest Category 4 device in the market.
3-contact Magnetic Safety Switches (HS7A-DMP Series)
The HS7A-DMP interlock safety switches have up to three contacts and provide a high-quality, space-saving product at a competitive price. The auxiliary contacts enable PLCs to monitor the door status as operation signals can be read directly by controllers.
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!