- Contract Packaging
- Packaging Leaders
- Calendar of Events
Article | September 18, 2012
Contract packaging sessions at Pack Expo
IoPP’s Packaging Learning Center hosts kitting, supply chain sessions by the Contract Packaging Association.
The Contract Packaging Association (CPA) will deliver two presentations at IoPP's Packaging Learning Center as part of The Conference at Pack Expo, Oct. 29-31grown to 20% of the product volume going to retailers, and in which contract packaging can provide significant value. Attendees will learn about optimizing product and data networks, discerning future trends in contract packaging and reducing supply chain waste. For its overall conference track, PMMI has partnered with leading industry groups to offer additional professional development and business insight opportunities:
- Contract Packaging and Kitting as a Lean Packaging Strategy: This session will be presented Oct. 29 by Kevin Hall, chief operating officer of Coregistics. Hall's a packaging industry veteran who has worked on both sides of the contract packaging aisle. His 20-plus years in consumer goods supply chain management includes experience at Clorox Co. as well as at contract packaging and logistics services companies. Attendees of this session will learn how to define kit assembly as a lean approach to packaging, gain an understanding of the cost benefits of proper kitting and recognize where and how to unlock production efficiencies and gain speed-to-market benefits through the creation of kit packaging.
- The Evolution of Contract Packaging within the Customer Supply Chain: Eric Wilhelm, CEO of Coregistics, will deliver this presentation on Oct. 31. He will explain the trend of “late-state differentiation” of product, which has
- Alliance for Innovation & Operational Excellence (AIOE)
- Association for Automatic Identification and Mobility (AIM)
- Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP)
- International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT)
- PAC - The Packaging Association
- PMMI U
- Reusable Packaging Association (RPA)
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
45 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs.