- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
Article | July 31, 2006
Contract Packaging Association membership--doing business 'smart'
Membership is a great way to gain exposure in the industry while opening the door to an array of valuable customers.
The mission statement of the Contract Packaging Association is: “To serve the growth of member companies by assisting in the establishment of productive links between buyers and member companies and by providing educational opportunities for member companies’ executives to improve the efficiency and productivity of their operations.”
Contract Packaging Association members are composed of the nation’s leading contract packagers. Association members perform all packaging functions from the simplest to the most complex and from the glamorous to the hazardous. Member packaging services range from manual and semi-automatic to full-speed high-performance packaging lines.
There are two types of memberships available within the association:
1. Contract Packager membership
2. Associate membership
This article will define and cover the benefits of both types of Contract Packaging Association memberships.
Related Sponsored Content
Contract Packager membership
The Contract Packager membership is for companies that perform all packaging functions including manual and semi-automatic to full-speed high performance packaging lines. Other member services include design warehousing distribution and other business services.
Benefits of this type of membership include:
• Industry exposure. Involvement with the Contract Packaging Association exposes companies to potential customers who are looking for unique contract packaging abilities. Customers look to the association for answers to their contract packaging needs.
• Web listing at www.contractpackaging.org. Your company name contact information and Web link are included. People can easily find member companies by logging on.
• Request for Quote (RFQ). All requests for information and a quote that are sent through this service at www.contractpackaging.org are delivered to participating-member e-mails for consideration and response.
• Industry connection. Members are at the forefront of the packaging industry and are linked to important events. For potential customers looking for contract packagers with a pulse on the industry they need look no further than the Contract Packaging Association member base.
• Education. Timely educational conferences seminars and presentations deliver the information that is necessary for success in this rapidly growing and changing industry.
• Contract Packaging magazine. This is the official publication for the Contract Packaging Association. Members receive a 15% discount on advertising in the magazine which publishes three times in 2006.
• Public relations. Press releases articles advertising…information about association activities and plans are communicated regularly to the industry to keep the name of the Contract Packaging Association—and packager companies using members—in front of the packaging community.
• Logo and Web link. Members can identify their affiliation with the association by using the Contract Packaging Association logo on their correspondence (letterhead business cards Web sites etc.).
• Annual Meeting. This is a vital event for connection education and networking with other members of the Contract Packaging Association. Details on the 2007 meeting appear at the end of this article.
• Trade shows. The association is represented at major trade shows and conferences that affect the Contract Packaging association.
• Certification program. Details on this benefit will be coming soon! The new certification program will provide a valuable way to distinguish and highlight participating member companies’ unique capabilities.
The Contract Packaging Association’s Associate membership is for those who provide machinery containers components materials or other services to contract packagers.
Benefits of this type of membership include:
• Exposure to association members.
Involvement with the Contract Packaging Association exposes associate members to potential customers who are conducting their unique contract packaging businesses. Associate members have direct access to many potential contract-packaging customers.
• Web listing at www.contractpackaging.org.
• Unique sponsorship opportunities.
A variety of high-profile sponsorships will be offered each year at major events in which Contract Packaging Association members participate.
• Quarterly supplier report. An online quarterly sales letter is being developed for associate member news (i.e. new enhanced changed capabilities). The newsletter will be sent to the primary contacts for each Contract Packaging Association member.
All members of the association adhere to strict standards of conduct ensuring professionalism objectivity and integrity. Whatever packaging projects are in the pipeline or however challenging the packaging. All members of the association strive to build productive partnerships based on smart business.
For more information about Contract Packaging Association membership visit www.contractpackaging.org or call 630/544-5053.
Thomas Bacon inducted into Contract Packaging Association Hall of Fame
Each year a member of the association will be inducted into the Contract Packaging Association Hall of Fame. Criteria considered in evaluating nominees for induction into the Hall of Fame include:
• A minimum of 20 years in the industry.
• A career track that has significantly impacted the growth of the association.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision for both the association and the industry as a whole.
• Substantial and distinctive contribution to both the association and the industry.
• A pioneer or legend within the association and the industry.
This year’s first inductee into the Contract Packaging Association Hall of Fame—presented during the 2006 Annual Meeting—is Thomas Bacon president and founder of Aaron Thomas Co. and founder of the Contract Packaging Association. Bacon’s tireless and endless work for the association has made it the success it is today.
Contract Packaging Association 2007 Annual Meeting set
Mark your calendars…The association’s Annual Meeting is scheduled for March 30 to April 3 2007 at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson AZ. Look for details to be announced soon at www.contractpackaging.org on the meeting agenda and social events.
E-Book Special Report
Total Cost of Ownership
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this E-Book Special Report to learn how to calculate the true Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of your packaging machinery.