- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
- Calendar of Events
Article | December 5, 2009
PacMoore, a Hammond, IN-based contract manufacturer of dry ingredients, has received Grade-A pasteurized milk ordinance certification, in addition to becoming British Retail Consortium-certified to meet the global food safety initiative standard. PacMoore is the only dry powder dairy milk handler in Indiana that is approved to process Grade-A dry dairy products.
• Saddle Creek Corp., has been awarded LEED certification by the U.S. Green Building Council and verified by the Green Building Certification Institute. The third-party logistics company also said it has achieved silver certification for its new 304,000-sq-ft distribution center in Harrisburg, NC.
• DIY Group , a Muncie, IN, contract packaging company, has received a “Superior Recognition of Achievement” certificate from the American Institute of Bakers, the highest rating offered through the AIB audit process.
• ESS Technologies, Blacksburg, VA, has expanded its Web site to include machine videos of its complete product line. The redesigned product pages provide links to video clips showing ESS Technologies packaging machinery in action.
• Universal Packaging Systems Inc., Chino, CA, has changed its name to Diversapack of California, a member of the Diversapack family of companies, specializing in flexible packaging, contract manufacturing, product formulation, and contract packaging.
• Shippers Warehouse of Georgia, which operates a 500,000-sq-ft food-grade warehouse and packaging facility in Jonesboro, GA, has assumed leadership of the Atlanta region for Distribution Centers of America.
• Surefil LLC, Grand Rapids, MI, has begun manufacturing hand-sanitizer products to meet the growing demand in the product category. The company also has added a third shift to support the increasing market demand for energy drinks.
• Nulogy, Toronto, has extended its PackManager software for the contract packaging industry to financial accounting. The first accounting package to be supported by PackManager’s financial integration capability is Intuit’s QuickBooks software.
• Aldelano Packaging Corp., Chino, CA, has introduced a proprietary “To-Your-Door” Refrigerated Packaging program. The program delivers the set-up of a turnkey, refrigerated-packaging operation to companies whose manufacturing and distribution centers lack on-site refrigeration capabilities.
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
42 Best Package Designs
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!