- Contract Packaging
- Leaders in Packaging
Article | June 30, 2005
Revamp wine and spirits labels?
The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau is asking for public comment on whether the labeling and advertising regulations for alcoholic beverages should be revised.
TTB noted it has received petitions to mandate additional information on product labels and thinks it might be time for major revision. TTB is asking for comment on:
• Should mandatory nutrition labeling be required?
• Should mandatory ingredient labeling be required?
• What areas need further research and evaluation?
• Can existing regulations be modified to help consumers better understand the information on the label?
• Should the U.S. harmonize its labeling requirements with those of other major producer nations?
• Would the benefit to consumers from more specific information justify the costs involved?
• What should be the priorities in label changes?
• Should new labeling requirements apply equally to advertising?
Related Sponsored Content
E-BOOK SPECIAL REPORT
The 2014 Packaging Trends Report
Sign up to receive timely updates from our editors and download this e-book consisting of our editors' picks of most notable package designs. Updated for 2014!